Thursday, November 29, 2012

A real Pilgrim Thanksgiving

Making Pumpkin pie from scratch since they don't have Libby's over here
made me feel like a real pilgrim......
It was spectacular by the way

The pie crust is called Shortbread here and yes that's the
 biggest bag of pecans I could find and no Karo just some
'cane' syrup...but again it was delish

Our feast was very yummy. thanks to my honey bringing me some Stove Top when he was in the states recently
We tried to share with 6 Native American missionaries but....

this was the only Native American I could find to share my feast with,
notice the cute little jar of cranberry sauce


Just up the road in Immingham they have a Pilgrim Park with
a monument documenting the spot where the
Mayflower left England first to Holland then on to Plymouth
on their way to the new world to find religious freedom


Isn't she in great shape for almost 400yrs old?

1 comment: